Genius Hour Reflection

In my Digital Citizenship class we could  choose any topic of our interest and present it in any way you want. Now that we are done with that we have to write a Reflection on our Genius Hour project.

The research topic I chose for my Genius Hour project was “what is an El Nino?”.  At the beginning I was interested in El Nino’s because it’s a natural disaster affecting us right now. But after I started researching I still liked the topic but wasn’t as interested in it because it was really hard to find information. I learned a lot about El Nino’s and how they affect us. I learned that El Nino’s are caused by hot and cold water flowing in different directions then usually because of the wind. If I were to grade my Project I would give my self a B- or about 80%. I gave more effort into finding information and should have made the video longer. My project didn’t help anybody specifically but it did inform people about what is happening around them. For my next Genius Hour project I would research a bit before choosing the topic to see if there’s enough information of it on the internet. I am not sure what topic I will chose for my next Genius hour but here are some broad ideas I was thinking about: Emojis: Who created them? When were they created,? How to draw Manga or comic figures?  and the last idea I have is to make a presentation about how even the smallest animals effect our Eco-system and are necessary for the life as we know it.

Click Here to see my video!

4 thoughts on “Genius Hour Reflection

1. Hi dear Stella : )
    As Miss W. has said you have made a great ABOUT ME page (Specially your interest to Chocolate) 😉

You are welcome to Edublogs’ Student Challenge and I will be your Mentor in this 10 weeks challenge. (you could find more about Mentor in this post https://tecpo.edublogs.org/2013/05/01/1103/ )

As you know we have a different topic and program each week and you could find them in http://www.studentchallenge.edublogs.org.
    I hope following these programs your blog be one of the best in final week.
    If there is any question about blogging or challenge you could leave a comment on your blog and I’ll find that.
    GOOD LUCK
    Astaneh

2. What does El nino do to the lives of some of your people? Is El Nino a tornado? If it is made of hot and cold water then does it have something to do with the sea. Visit my blog at jonathonm20.edublogs.org.

• Hey,
      So an El Nino is not a tornado but it can cause tornado’s. When the winds change directions the ocean flows different ways which causes the weather to change, this is called a El Nino. An El Nino is not like other Natural Disasters and you can’t visually see an El Nino but it causes other Natural Disasters.
      – Stella

3. Dear Stella

Would you like to take part the challenge programs?
    Week 7 in challenge has come with a new topic.
    I,m sure you are interested in nature and your country has special nature to show your blog’s visitors.
    Please write a post about this new program and explain us your point of view about nature.
    You could find more at http://www.studentchallenge.edublogs.org
    GOOD LUCK

Astaneh