My Second Genius Hour Presentation

The last months I worked on my second Genius Hour Presentation and this time I chose I very interesting topic; Pancake Art.  I was looking around on YouTube and then came across food art and as I dug deeper I found Pancake Art.

I chose this topic because I think that making your food look nice adds even more joy to eating.I learned a lot doing this projects. First of all I learned that Pancake art even exists and how to make Pancake Art. I also figured out the best strategy to make Pancake art, which is using thick dough and it’s better to have a cooler pan then one that burns your pancakes immediately.

This project helped me see that you have to prepare before you start something and that looking at different sources can help you find your own way.Last Genius Hour I chose a topic that I was interested in but not very excited about. All I had to look at was Data and Statistics. After that Genius Hour I rethought what Genius Hour was all about, which is choosing a project that you like to work on.

So this Genius Hour I took a topic where I could Bake and watch Tutorials. I wanted to learn not just information but a task. Also last Genius Hour I made a video to show what I learned and this Genius Hour I made a Google Slides. I am not sure which I like better but there were less technology difficulties with the google slides.Even Though Pancake art does not directly help or save anybody it lightens up your day. Also what I talked about in my presentation a person who sells his pancake art and donates all the money he earns to Water Projects.

Even though, I have not yet decided what my next Genius Hour project will be, I want to will think of something that is useful to know, or helpful to the community. I would like to help people or animals who are in bad situation and do not have the influence/ opportunities to stand up for themselves and build a live.  

I really enjoyed this Genius Hour Project because it gave me the opportunity to work on something I am interested in without just making research but actually trying to use what I learned in real life.