Twitter Expert

Twitter Expert

In my Digital Citizenship Class I am making a presentation about how to make Pancake art. We were supposed to ask questions about our topic to experts on twitter. First I created a list on twitter of people who might know something about pancake art. In my list I included a few bakers so they could give me hints on how to make the pancake dough like @BrianEmmetBake @JohnWhaitesBakes @SprinkleBakes @TheBoyWhoBakes @TheNoviceChef. I also followed some artists which I thought might help me with what image or cartoon character I could make when I make the pancake art. Here are some of the artists I followed @NicoleJGeorges  @loveandoilveoil @_kariewilliams @andreapippins and @alexred. All these people have something to do with baking or art or both, which relates to my project because I will be making art with pancakes.

Then I tweeted to all of them separately asking for advice. I asked the bakers for advice on how to make the dough so it will be easy to create shapes or for advice on how to pour the dough into the pan. Then I asked the artists what simple cartoons or shapes I could use, that would be visually appealing but also easy to make with pancake dough.

After waiting for a few weeks all I got for a response were that one of them liked the question I asked but didn’t respond and another person answered with a link to my question of how to pour the dough into the pan. The link showed squeeze bottles. If more people had responded it would have helped me because in my presentation I will show how I made pancake art and I could have used the suggestions from the answers in the progress of making the pancakes. But because I only got answer I didn’t really help a lot because I already knew what the baker was telling me and when I asked that question I was hoping to get extra information. I did not continue having a conversation with any of them and nobody followed me back.

I think even though my results of this project didn’t help me with my presentation it could definitely be helpful in the future, for example if you need to contact a college professor somewhere else in the world to get feedback on what classes to chose or on whats the best way to solve a proble